Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Solar Tweet

I was reading Jannich Brendle's article  about how to setup a Twitter client on a  OpenWRT machine, but it appears Twitter is going to disable basic authentication by the end of June, making the whole experience just a shortterm experiment.

No panic, a blogger called Lostman was so friendly to provide a script to perform the oAuth authorisation routine on OpenWRT.  In my particular setup I had to install curl, iconv and openssl-utils to get things working on the Kamikaze 08.09.02 r188801 machine. And oh, I had to activate the curl-http option instead of the wget. I first wanted to test it on my Ubuntu machine but the OpenWRT won't run on a different machine. I couldn't figure out where the commands or options differ between the two machine, so be warned : don't run this script on the host machine. Just run it on your target machine !

And tada! A few manual tweets from my machine and then I automated by calling the script through a 'system' call in my logger.

No comments:

Post a Comment